March 7th, 2020 8:30am
Riverbend Golf Course and Half Lion Public House
Kent Police Foundation (501c3/Tax ID# 91-1581546)
2019 West Meeker Street, Kent Washington
Half Lion Public House and the Kent Police Foundation cordially invite you to participate in the 1st Annual South Sound Charity 5k and Youth Dash. Both the 5K and Kids Dash begin and end at Half Lion Public House located on the Riverbend Golf Complex.
There's more than just the race happening! There will also be 'Bearcat' the Valley SWAT armored vehicle and a Kent PD car on display. Kent K-9's will be hanging out to meet and greet. Aaron Crawford will be preforming after the race in the events tent at Half Lion Public House. We'll also have the Boot Boogie Babes dancing their boots off!
Look for the raffle tables filled with awesome prizes inside the Public House! Raffle tickets will be available for purchase on site.
This year’s event will benefit the Diego Moreno Scholarship Fund at Washington State University.
The goal of this event is to raise at least $25,000 to endow the scholarship, providing the financial backing to award the scholarship for many years to come.
What is going on during the event?
- Demonstrations and Displays
- The Valley SWAT armored vehicle “Bearcat” will be on display
- K-9s will be there to meet and greet. They will also do demos!
- A Kent Police car will be on display
- Raffle sales by Kent Police Foundation members (raffle is cash only and there is an ATM available onsite, must be present to win) Raffle will be held in Half Lion Public House.
- Boot Boogie Babes performs after the race
- Aaron Crawford performs after the race
What about dogs and strollers?
- As much as we love our four-legged furry friends, dogs are not allowed on the racecourse unless they
are service dogs. Strollers are welcome.
• Where can I park while I’m at the event?
-Parking is available at the Riverbend Golf Course and Driving Range as well as at Kent Elementary School
(24700 64th Ave S, Kent, WA)
Can I register the day of the race?
-Yes, you can register the day of race. You are not guaranteed a race shirt (will be based on availability).
Where and when can I pick up my race packet?
▪ Friday, March 6th from 3-7pm at Half Lion Public House
▪ Race Day beginning at 7:00am – 8:15am at Half Lion Public House
Can someone else pick up my packet?
- Yes, we just ask that runners know who is picking up what, so someone doesn’t show up not knowing where their packet is.
Where can I put my belongings while I participate in the race?
- There will not be gear storage during the race, please plan accordingly. Please do not leave valuables in
Will there be race awards?
- Race awards will be given for the top 3 male and female participants and top 3 kids in the kids dash.
• Is water available on the course?
- Water will be available at the turnaround on the course.
Is there a time limit on finishing the race?
- There is no time limit on finishing the race, however post-race events begin around 10:00am.
What if I ordered the wrong size t-shirt?
- Unfortunately, size exchanges are not available. However, feel free to trade with someone.
Is my registration refundable if I am not able to participate in the race?
- Unfortunately, registration is non-refundable.
JOIN THE SOUTH SOUND CHARITY RUN TO HELP OUT
All proceeds from the South Sound Charity Run will go to the Diego Moreno Scholarship Fund at WSU. You can contribute by signing up to run, walk, or just by choosing to send a donation on your own